- All blankets must be new, handmade, washable and in child friendly colors. No store bought blankets, please!
- Special care should be taken to insure that blankets are free of smoky smells or any chemicals such as fragrant detergents, fabric softeners, and dryer sheets, which could cause problems for a sick child.
- If you have pets, please wash finished blankets before giving them to us to be sure they are free from pet hair.
- Please double check to make sure that all pins have been removed from blankets. It is best not to use straight pins when working on these blankets. Try to always use safety pins.
- When preparing fabric, be sure to cut off the selvedge edges to give it a clean look.
- When hand tying quilts, please make sure ties are approximately 4-6 inches apart, tails cut back to less than an inch, and do not use yarn or embroidery floss for the ties.
- Please secure ends and weave them in when crocheting or knitting.
- No wool batting, fabric, or yarns can be used.
- Minimum size 30”x30”.
- Grade school aged children’s blankets go up to 40×60 inches.
Blanket Drop Off Locations:
- Quiltmania,1442 Jadwin Ave, Richland, WA 99354
- Sheep’s Clothing, 3311 W Clearwater Ave B120, Kennewick, WA 99336
- Discount Sew and Vac, 119 W 1st Ave, Kennewick, WA 99336
- Janean’s Bernina, 303 Burden Rd # C, Pasco, WA 99301
We have been given permission by the authors or publishers of these patterns for personal or charity use only.